SEMINAR IN MUSIC THERAPY
MUSC650. Seminar in Music Therapy
Three hours lecture (3).
Prerequisites MUSC485 and 486.
Co-requisite MUSC641 or 642.
Survey of contemporary trends in music therapy; emphasis on administration, supervision and teaching, Spring.
Detailed Description of Content of Course
Course will cover topics relevant to the current trends in music therapy. This will include:
- Intern supervision
- development of an internship site
- student supervision
- staff (RMT) supervision
- Administrative duties
- clinical program administration
- university program administration
- College and university teaching
- Current trends in music therapy
Detailed Description of Conduct of Course
An informal approach in which lecture and discussion will be employed. Research on the part of the student will be written and presented in the classroom.
Goals and Objectives
At the conclusion of the course, the student will:
- demonstrate knowledge of current trends in music therapy
- have developed administrative and teaching skills pertinent to the teaching of music therapy at the college level
Grade assignments will include written papers, in class presentations and class preparation and participation
Other Course Information
Approval and Subsequent Reviews
DATE ACTION REVIEWED BY
August 2001 Reviewed E. Fellin, Chairman