Off-Campus Education Sessions

1. When and where are the sessions?

The Off-Campus Education Session will be offered to all qualified residential students through D2L. The online session will be offered beginning January 22, 2013. Students will be required to watch a video in four parts and pass a short quiz based on the information presented in the video. The deadline to complete the OCE session is March 1, 2013. After that, students may be put on the wait list.

2. Who should complete the off-campus education session?

Student who have lived on campus for at least two semesters and are interested in living off campus during the 2013-2014 academic year and anyone who wants to learn general information about what to expect when signing a lease for an apartment.

3. What is the purpose of the off-campus education session?

This session is designed to present students with useful information related to making housing choices. The session is sponsored by the Office of the Dean of Students and the Off-Campus Student Council; local realtors and legal representatives also participate to provide additional information. Students will watch an online video of the session.

4. If I plan to live on campus next fall, do I need to take the session?

No. Please remember that the session will only be offered on D2L for a certain time period, so if you change your mind later in the spring or during the summer, you will not have the option to complete the session then.

5. If I complete the session, am I required to move off-campus?

No. Completing the session gives you permission to move off campus. However, you are welcome to remain on campus for the upcoming academic year.

6. If I plan on living in a university-operated apartment, do I need to attend?

Maybe. If you have lived in the residence halls less than four semesters, then you need to complete the on-line session.  If you have lived in the halls four semesters, then you do not need to take the on-line session.

7. When will I receive information to live on-campus next year?

Returning students may complete the on-line campus housing application during the spring semester. Deposit deadline is February 15, 2013.

8. If I am not eligible to move off-campus and I do not sign up for a space on-campus, what will happen?

If you are not eligible to move off campus and you do not select a space in the residence halls, a space may be assigned for you if available.  You will likely be charged room and board for the fall and spring semesters if you enroll at Radford University for the academic year.

NOTE: Rooms will be assigned based on available space.

9. How will I know if I have been released from the requirements to live on-campus for academic year?

After viewing the Off-Campus Education Session and completing the required quiz you can pick up your completion certificate in the Office of Housing & Residential Life located in 226 Heth Hall. Please allow 48 business hours for your certificate to be processed.

10. How long will the session last?

The completion time is about 1 hour 15 minutes.

11. How many sessions are available?

The session will be offered online during the specified time period. Students will be able to log on through D2L and take the session at their convenience during that time.

12. How much does the Off-Campus Education Session cost to take?

There is no charge to take the Off Campus Education Session.

13. Will make-up sessions be offered?

No. Because it is being offered online, 24 hours a day for a time period, there is no reason that a student would not be able to complete the session and pass the quiz.

14. If am a new/transfer student who started school in Spring 2013, am I eligible to live off-campus for the 2013-2014 academic year?

No, you will be required to live on-campus for the entire 2013-2014 academic year.  You can fulfill the second semester requirement by being enrolled and living in the residence hall during both Summer I and Summer II school sessions.

15. If I have a specific question or situation I need clarification on, who should I contact?

First, please review the instruction sheet (PDF) to make sure that you are logging in properly.

You should contact the Office of Housing & Residential Life. You can stop by the Housing & Residential Life Office at 226 Heth Hall or contact them via email or call at 540- 831-5375.