On-Campus Housing Process for Returning Students
Student eligibility for on-campus housing
- Must have paid a $200 room deposit. Priority will be given to the first nine hundred students that pay the room deposit by the deadline date.
***NO DEPOSIT SHOULD BE PAID UNTIL JANUARY 26TH***
- Must have completed and submitted a 2015-2016 Currently Enrolled Student On Campus Housing Application on-line to be considered. (The application can be found on your MyRU click the bed icon after you have paid your $200.00 room deposit.) Priority will be given to the first nine hundred students who submitted materials by the required deadline date.
- Must have indicated where you are interested in living and with whom you are interested in living with on your On Campus Housing Application by the deadline date. Submitting an application does not obligate you to housing.
- Must have picked a room during room selection by deadline date. A room will not be picked for you unless you are have been selected and assigned to a single room or apartment.
**NOTE: If all these expectations are not met by the deadline date, a student will not be guaranteed housing and will be put onto a waiting list.
On campus housing FAQs
- How do I contact the Office of Housing and Residential Life?
For verification purposes all students should contact the Office of Housing and Residential Life using their RU email account including their RU ID number.
- What do I do if I accidentally start or submit a housing application?
Contact the Office of Housing and Residential Life using your RU email, Student ID number and FULL name to request that the application be canceled.
- How will I find out my room assignment?
For currently enrolled students, confirmation about room sign up will be emailed out by the end of spring semester. Final assignments and roommate information will go out the 1st week in August.
- What do I do if I change my mind and decided not to live on campus?
Students must be eligible to live off campus by completing the Off Campus Education Seminar, then go to the Office of Housing and Residential Life and complete a “Release of Contract” form.
*NOTE: Room deposits are refundable up until June 1st.