Radford University’s Substance Abuse & Violence Education Support services (SAVES) is dedicated to reducing negative consequences related to substance abuse and/or violence through campus wide initiatives that address these issues and promote student success.
- Educational resources on the topics of substance abuse, sexual assault, dating violence, and other student health issues.
- RU Aware Program: Education and counseling for Radford University drug and alcohol policy violators.
- Counseling for students dealing with issues surrounding sexual and dating violence and/or substance abuse.
- Advocacy and support for sexual violence victims.
- Consultants for students, parents, faculty, and staff.
- Presentations and trainings for the Radford University community on substance abuse and sexual violence issues.
- SHAC/Peer Educators: The Student Health Awareness Club (SHAC) Peer Educators is a group of students dedicated to raising awareness about student health issues that sponsors campus-wide events and educational programs.