December 5, 2011
Student Government Association
December 5, 2011
Call to Order – 5:04 p.m.
Approval of the Minutes – approved
Gallery Addresses the Body
- Homecoming Speakers – Sandra Bond and Alice Coughlin – Homecoming’s purpose is to bring Alumni back to campus and get them involved – February 24-25
- Ken Bonk – Survey for yearbook-type thing
President’s Report - Emily Redd
- Graduation Marshals – sign-up sheet was passed around for those interested in being marshals for graduation
- Retreat – early next semester – there will be a make-up retreat if you can’t make the first one – team building, communication, speakers, etc. – asking for up to $1000 for food – New Business
- Appointments – new business
- Meetings – Dean Appiarius, Dr. Shanley, Megan Rhodes (Board of Visitors Rep), Assistant Provost, President Kyle (next week)
- Attendance Policy – print outs were passed around with the attendance policy in the Constitution – attendance will be much stricter next semester (more than 2 unexcused absences from SGA meetings, ad-hoc committees, office hours, mandatory events, retreats, etc. will result in the asking of the member to resign-beyond class, sickness, family issues, etc.) just let us know if you can’t make it to something and we will try to work around your absence/make arrangements for you to miss
Legislative Vice President’s Report - Justin Blankenship
- Elections – to fill empty seats (EVP, Senior Class Senator, Freshman Class Senator, college of Science and Technology, At-Large Senator) – get packets after the meeting from the office (due Friday to Stacey Griffin in the VP Dean of Students Office – Third floor of Heth Hall) (2.3 GPA to be a senator and 2.5 GPA to be EVP) attend a mandatory candidate tomorrow or Wednesday at 6 p.m. in the SGA Office – voting will be the 20th of January
- Constitution Committee – meeting this week Thursday at 4 in the SGA Office
Vice President of Student Finances Report - Nicole Munsey
- Budget Proposal for Campus Rec – Intermural Flag Football team won the regional championship and the team needs $8,000 from the team’s reserve to send the team to Texas A&M for the national championship.
Chief of Staff’s Report - Randi-Lyn Randall
- Working on Budget
- She needs all surveys from anyone who has conducted one either this year or last year.
- 1200D Greehill – Christmas Party at Zach McCoy’s on Thursday.
- Senator Massie
- Update on Graduation Cords – everything’s great with cords.
Cabinet and Staff Reports
- Coordinator McCoy
- Advocacy Day Training – tonight at 6:30 in Heth 016
- Homecoming Court Vote – untabled, discussed, FAILED
- Spring Conference Funding – Up to $4,000 – will be discussed again in the spring
- Suspend Robert’s Rules
- Secretary Edwards and Senator Kistler’s Resignation
- Approve Brittany Edwards for the position of LVP Assistant – effective next semester – moved, seconded, and PASSED
- Approve Sarah Kistler as Secretary – effective after Adjournment – moved, seconded, and PASSED
- Approve up to $1,000 for Food for Retreat – moved, seconded, PASSED
- Campus Rec $ – moved, seconded, PASSED
- Reinstate Robert’s Rules
- Christmas Party Location – will be emailed
- Keep bringing in food to help out with Greek Life’s food drive!
- Tailgating for Men’s Basketball 2:30-4 in Parking Lot Z on Saturday. Lots of Food, Face-painting, etc.
- Advocacy Day Training after this meeting
Adjournment – 6:08 p.m.