Student Government Association
February 20, 2011
Call to Order – 5:05 p.m.
Approval of the Minutes (Approved, Seconded)
Gallery Addresses the Body
- James - Vice Provost and Dean Of Admissions
- Retention- first year to second year 76% (average for the last five years)
- Contact Michele Jenkins for questions or concerns.
President’s Report - Emily Redd
- Spirit Rock Committee - First two meetings held. Looking into Freedom of Speech wall, can’t get slate rock. Cheaper to bring the old rock onto campus. Looking into using recycled chalk boards for message boards.
- Ring ceremony - Meeting was held after SGA meeting.
- Elections - Packets are printed out. Due March 16 to Vice President of Student Affairs at 12pm. Promotion will be held around campus. Two mandatory candidate sessions February 28 and 29 (Exec/Senate)
Executive Vice President Report - Brittni Hammond
- End of the year Banquet
- April 23 5:30-8 p.m. Muse Banquet Hall. Everyone has to come.
- Sheet was passed around for who is the most influential person to you on Radford’s campus.
Legislative Vice President’s Report - Justin Blankenship
- Constitution Committee
- 5:00 p.m. Wednesdays SGA office
Vice President of Student Finance’s Report - Nicole Munsey
- Need 2 SGA students for Finance committee. Meets 3:15 Mondays. Email Nicole if interested.
Chief of Staff’s Report - Randi-Lyn Randall
- Feud canceled. However, if you’re available homecoming weekend to help, help. Setting out chairs/picking them up. Etc. Email Randi-Lynn with any questions.
Cabinet and Staff Reports
- Coordinator Wampler
- Relay for Life
- Currently in second place with $987, $1180 in first. If you haven’t registered, do so!
- Coordinator Puerto
- Games still on - Women at 2 p.m. and Men at 4:30pm this Saturday (Attend if free). Raffles will be held.
- Officially resigning after homecoming
- Coordinator Kennedy
- Hidden Voices
- Wednesday the 22nd at 7pm in Bonnie auditorium, required.
- Cab Staff
- If you have a forum or interest you would like to have held, find a senator.
- Need to have a forum by the end of the year.
Adjournment - 5:42 p.m.