Student Government Association
February 6, 2012
Call to Order – 5:03 p.m.
Approval of the Minutes
Gallery Addresses the Body
- Karen Matheny USA Today Representative- February 20th as a trial start up till, then a cost of $3,000 (Will ask FSC to fund this portion) to continue throughout the year. Roanoke Times and USA Today. $20,000 for next year. Would need ID to obtain a newspaper. Also recycle them.
- Dr. Webster Garrett- Sheets were passed around as a brainstorming activity. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any ideas you have about getting students a Greek Life Representative
President’s Report - Emily Redd
- Student appreciation day surveys were passed out
- Spirit Rock meeting is at 4 next Monday
- Packets are due March 1 for elections and then once packets are turned in, campaigning will begin.
Executive Vice President Report - Brittni Hammond
Legislative Vice President’s Report - Justin Blankenship
- Contact with any fun, new ways of how to vote for elections. (i.e. polling stations)
- Needs people to sit at table in Heth basement to give out free stuff
Vice President of Student Finance’s Report - Nicole Munsey
Chief of Staff’s Report - Randi-Lyn Randall
- Bring business cards to homecoming for the past Radford presidents
- Read email about money machine (homecoming plans)
- Elliot Blumberg
- Student Appreciation-Sheet was passed around for those who want to help with Student Appreciation.
Cabinet and Staff Reports
- Coordinator McCoy
- Advocacy Day
- Bus leaves at 12 Wednesday
- Director Paoletti
- Charles Midkiff
- USA Today (Motioned and approved to untable) (Trial period approved)
- Suspend Robert’s Rules (Motioned, Seconded)
- Randi-Lynn Randall
- Approve up to $500 for homecoming halftime show
- Kate Resigned from duties as CHUBS representative and is now a coordinator
- Reinstate Robert’s Rules (Motioned, Seconded)
Adjournment - 6:16 p.m.