Student Government Association
January 30, 2011
Call to Order - 5:05 p.m.
Approval of the Minutes (motioned and seconded)
Gallery Addresses the Body
- Provost Minner
- Introduced himself and allowing the opportunity to introduce yourself to him.
- Megan Rhodes
- Interest meeting Wednesday the 1st at 7 p.m. in the Bonnie for a tobacco free campus. School pride i.e. class rings not very big. Want to create a ring ceremony build up. If interested contact Megan Rhodes. Also interested in creating community service opportunities.
President’s Report - Emily Redd
- Holding interest meetings for next year’s Student Government
- February 15-16 at 6 p.m. in Bonnie 210.
- T-shirt exchange
- Turn in old Radford shirt for a new one.
- Misinterpretation of the constitution.
- See constitution, Article four section C. Zach made the decision to stay as LEC and not take the EVP position
Legislative Vice President's Report - Justin Blankenship
- Constitution committee at 5 p.m. on Wednesdays
Vice President of Student Finance’s Report - Nicole Munsey
Chief of Staff’s Report - Randi-Lyn Randall
- Budgets are done! Will be put under important documents on D2L.
- Conference application due by Wednesday at noon. NO LATER THAN THAT. Open to anyone in SGA that is not a senior and who will be returning to SGA next year. March 3rd (Friday, Saturday). Will be driving, so accepting 6-8 people.
- Cab Staff weekly update- All due Wednesdays at noon. Type it on word, save it, and then drop it in the D2L dropbox.
- Everything is on D2L now.
- SGA Manager will have tasks for each position and once completed it you can put a check mark and it will directly let Exec Board know it’s done. Office hours will not be done through this software starting next Monday.
- Senator Midkiff
- USA Today
- Pilot is free, no charge just to get the numbers. Sheet was passed out with all of the information. Contact Charles Midkiff with any questions.
Cabinet and Staff Reports
- Website Administrator Nancy White
- Website Bios
- Bio for the websites are due email@example.com by Friday. Also send in a picture, preferably in Radford gear.
- Coordinator Hammond
- Homecoming dance
- Moving homecoming to March 16th dance, due to funding issues or looking into doing a fall dance due to Men of Standards holding a spring dance, or making it non-formal. Email Brittni Hammond with feedback.
- Relay for Life
- 15 new signatures!
- Coordinator McCoy
- Advocacy Day Training
- Last Advocacy Day Training this Wednesday 6pm in Heth room 043, let Zach know by tomorrow if you will be unable to attend.
- Athletic Coordinator McCage
- My committee will be having their meeting at 6 in the SGA office on Tuesday.
After this week the committee meetings will resume at 6:30
- Greek life rush starts this Thursday-Wednesday.
- RCPT will be having a Wii sports competition Feb 8 in the bonnie
- CAMP Fair will be on campus Feb 15
- Wild life society, rt club interests? See me after for information
- Approve the following candidates for the position listed (All were sworn in)
- Karisa Loy- Senior Class Senator
- Claire Hathaway- Freshman Class
- Rebecca Pinksy- At Large Senator
- Diana Bates – On Campus Senator
- Approval for up to $4,000 to be spent on Spring Conference.
- Suspend Robert’s Rules (Motioned and seconded)
- Randi-Lyn: Approval of muffins for Meet and Greet on Feb. 25
- 400 dollars was approved for the meet and greet.
- Presidential Appointments
- Pinar Maurice: communication’s assistant
- Congratulation goes to Pinar!
- Brittni Hammond: Executive Vice President
- Congratulation goes to Brittni!
- Reinstate Robert’s rules (Motioned and seconded)
- Charles Midkiff’s proposal was tabled until next week.
- Don Appiarius- Leadership conference in the Bonnie Saturday, March 24
Adjournment - 6:25 p.m.