Student Government Association
March 26, 2012
Call to Order
Approval of the Minutes
Gallery Addresses the Body
- Dr. Tanya Corbin
- Concord Coalition
- Non-profit bipartisan- Phil Smith April 10 at 7 p.m. asking up to $2,000
- Paul Fink
- Environmental Club
- Want funding for free pizza. April 19 2/2:30pm.
President’s Report - Emily Redd
- Need people to help run election booths. And if you’re uncontested you can help as well. Help people refresh and go in to vote.
- DMV to go-people can go and pay any fines they have or renew their license. No charge event and will set up where blood mobile parks.
- Candidate speeches-tomorrow at 5, but only mandatory for exec board. In Bonnie 248 tomorrow. Results will be announced on Monday of next week. Announcement party the 2nd in the Bonnie.
- Attendance policy-looking into point based system.
- Senate meetings - You need to show up!
- Tobacco Free Coalition- in connection with Earth day. Want us to either help out with people or money. Clean cigarette butts around campus.
Executive Vice President Report - Brittni Hammond
- Packet was passed out
Legislative Vice President’s Report - Justin Blankenship
Vice President of Student Finance’s Report - Nicole Munsey
- Budget will be brought in 2-3 weeks
Chief of Staff’s Report - Randi-Lyn Randall
- QEP, Need more students - Training tomorrow at 7 for 30 minutes in the Bonnie; Wednesday business attire.
- Senator Pinsky
- Student Appreciation Day, This Wednesday
Cabinet and Staff Reports
- Coordinator McCoy
- Virginia 21
- Coordinator Wampler
- Relay for Life
- Need to fundraise
- 18 days to finish fundraising
- Raffle tickets go toward our overall budget as well ($5 a ticket)
- Quadfest Breakfast
- Monday April 23 for the police officers who work
- Relay for Life
- Approve Karissa’s budget for senior gear up to $3,000 anything she doesn’t use gets puts back into budget. (Approved)
- Suspend Robert’s Rules (Motioned, Seconded, Approved)
- Approve up to $70 for announcement party (3 gallons of lemonade, 3 dozen cupcakes) (Approved)
- Approve up to $200 for pizza (Moved, Seconded, Approved)
- Approve up to $450 for movie and speaker (Movie, Seconded, Approved)
- Reinstate Robert’s Rules (Motioned, Seconded, Approved)
- Approve up to $2,000 for banquet (Approved)
Adjournment - 5:53 p.m.