Student Government Association
September 3, 2012
Call to Order – 5:07 p.m.
Approval of the Minutes (no minutes to approve)
Gallery Addresses the Body
- Matt Cheadle
- Change of the grading scale from a ten point grading scale to a plus/minus grading scale.
- Mr. Cheadle spoke about his proposal. Blakenship asked about the peer school list he used for his proposal. Redd suggested running for the Business senator in order to keep the legislation in mind.
President's Report - Emily Redd
- WDYWW cancelled for this coming week (September 5, 2012).
- Interest meetings tomorrow and Wednesday night at 6 p.m..
- Student Appreciation Day results were shown to President Kyle
- Topics: Improving school spirit and pride, and “Wear Red Friday” fundraiser to. Housing form for off-campus (not being “up to code”)/ increase the education for off-campus students, CORE review and revision. Constitution revision to the board.
- September 12, 2012 4 p.m. - Grand Opening for the COBE building
Chief Activities Officer Wampler
- Thank you letter for Mark Wagstaff for helping with Summer retreat.
- Searching through Facebook for inappropriate things
- Suggested a code word to comment on things on Facebook.
Legislative Vice President's Report - Justin Blakenship
- IG Committees
- Joint Commission: City Outreach programs
- Chief Financial Officer Koussis
- Being trained for Chief Finance Officer
Chief of Staff McCoy
- Talked about PPR forms
- Senator Lawrence
- First senior class council this month talked about having senior programs to get to know each other at the beginning of the year instead of the end of the year like last year. Also talked about selling shirts to use to profits for having senior shirts for the spring.
- President Redd mentioned not being able to raise money as a program, but the committees and councils can raise money.
- Passed around a sheet for senior meetings for all the seniors to sign up.
Cabinet and Staff Reports
- Historian McCage
- Sign-up sheet for pictures for the website
- Web Administrator Walter
- Bios for the website
- Council web pages
- Member of the week forms
- Tiffany asked how the best way to get in contact with the different Greek organizations was
Adjournment - 5:36 p.m.
**Do not forget to sign in for your office hours**