September 5, 2011
Student Government Association
September 5, 2011
Call meeting to order – 5:11 p.m.
Approval of Minutes – tabled until next meeting
President’s Report - Lee Hicks
- Allocation of Funds for Patriot Day Celebration elaboration - if we decide to sponsor, will be September 12th on Heth Lawn. First 15 minutes will be a solemn ceremony, followed by celebration of patriotism and unity. Food will be provided.
Executive Vice President’s Report - Emily Redd
- Club Fair – successful, gained about 40 Senate applications and 30 Cab/Staff applications
- Retreat – still awaiting approval for a room for retreat on Sept. 24th, 12-6 p.m.
- Ring Ceremony
- Outstanding Parent Award Committee – Oct. 15th at 5:30pm, mandatory event
Legislative Vice President’s Report - Justin Blankenship
- Electoral Board (determined)
- Election dates: info sessions mandatory for candidates are Sept 6-7 at 6 p.m. in SGA Office
- Packets are due the 9th at 12 p.m. in Student Affairs Office in Heth
- Elections are 20th and 21st
- Retreat on the 24th from 12-6 p.m.
- Elections close at 3pm and the Election Party will be on Wednesday the 24th at 4pm
THERE WILL BE NO SENATE SPEECHES!
Vice President of Student Finance’s Report - Nicole Munsey
- No report
Chief of Staff Report - Randi-Lyn Randall
- Cab/Staff Meeting next week – will be emailed with more information
Senate Reports - none
- Parliamentarian - Mac Testerman
- Additional Bike Racks for Hurlburt – will officially propose
- Banquet for Outstanding Students – also Faculty and Staff to recognize those that have been outstanding at the end of each semester
- Radford at night-events until midnight or later-$5000 per event, $1000 for food permitted
- Highland Festival – applications will be available, SGA may participate in the parade again
- Access to the SGA Office
- Director of Communication - Jolyn Paoletti
- Flyers for the Election, speeches, and the Sept. 12th event – errors will be corrected, but all have been created to get information out about the events
Motion to suspend Robert’s Rules
Motion to Approve
- Food for election Announcement Party - $158.28 (PASSED)
- Food for Fall Retreat - $831.27 for lunch and dinner – (PASSED)
- Food, security, labor, for Patriot Day up to 1400 (PASSED)
- Motion to reinstate Robert’s Rules
- LVP Blankenship announced the set Electoral Board and Alternates
Adjournment – 5:36 p.m.