Start writing early by:
- Creating a file that highlights the credibility of you and the organization.
- Begin your literature review.
- Write about your research idea.
Find a Funding Opportunity
- Contact Ginger Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org to assist with finding an opportunity and to receive an account on Pivot, a comprehensive database of funding opportunities.
Read and Re-Read the Funding Solicitation
- Know exactly what the sponsor is looking to fund.
- Find out the mission of the sponsor.
- Tweak your research idea to the funding opportunity.
Contact the Program Officer at the sponsoring agency
- This is an important step to make sure the sponsor is interested in the project.
Meet with Sponsored Programs
- Begin Developing a Budget.
- Receive Research Design Assistance.
Start Writing your Proposal
- While you write, SPGM completes application package.
- Proofreading and Grammar services provided by SPGM.
- Obtain the internal routing form from SPGM.
- Obtain signatures from PI, Chair and Dean.
- Return to SPGM, and we will obtain the remaining signatures.
- SPGM submits all proposal whether electronic or mail submission.