Authorized Payers are individuals other than the student that need to have access to the student account, billing statements and to make payments online.
To set up an Authorized Payer please follow these steps:
- Log onto the MyRU portal using any computer or device with internet access
- Click on "Finances"
- Under the Student Accounts section select “View my Student Account Charges”
- Then select “Authorize Payers” on the left hand side of the screen in the newly opened window.
- Click on “Add New”
- If the Authorized Payer is already an existing Authorized Payer on another student’s account, please choose a different login name than the one previously setup.
- Once completed, the Authorized Payer will receive an e-mail with their login name. Password information must be obtained from the student.
Authorized Payers making payments:
- Log in to QuikPAY with the Login name and Password set up by your student
- Change your default password if prompted
- From the menu on the left, select "Make Payment"
- Enter the payment amount, then click "Continue"
- Enter your credit card and contact information in the fields provided, then click "Continue"
- Please verify that your credit card information is correct, then click "Confirm"
- Your payment receipt will appear; please print this receipt for your records
In compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), your educational records and student account information may not be released to a third party (e.g. your spouse, parents, sponsor, etc.) without your written permission. By creating an authorized payer you are giving written consent for that individual to view your student account history and to make payments to your account.