Authorized Payers are individuals other than the student that need to have access to the student account, billing statements and to make payments online.
To set up an Authorized Payer please follow these steps:
- Log onto the MyRU portal using any computer or device with internet access
- Click on the My Accounts tab
- Under the Student Accounts section select “View my Student Account Charges”
- Then select “Authorize Payers” on the left hand side of the screen in the newly opened window.
- Click on “Add New”
- If the Authorized Payer is already an existing Authorized Payer on another student’s account, please choose a different login name than the one previously setup.
- Once completed, the Authorized Payer will receive an e-mail with their login name. Password information must be obtained from the student.
In compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), your educational records and student account information may not be released to a third party (e.g. your spouse, parents, sponsor, etc.) without your written permission. By creating an authorized payer you are giving written consent for that individual to view your student account history and to make payments to your account.