Tips for encouraging Academic Integrity
- Have a statement in your syllbus about academic integrity.
- Talk to your students about academic integrity on the first day of class.
- Invite students to speak to you about issues related to academic integrity.
- Strive to create an environment of trust, cooperation, and fairness in the classroom.
- Ask that students pledge to uphold the Honor Code.
- Talk to students about your expectations of them as it relates to collaboration with other students.
- Limit the opportunities a student would have to cheat by using multiple versions of tests.
- Change tests every year.
The Center for Academic Integrity at Clemson University provides tips to help discourage plagiarism.
Do you have tip that works? Submit your idea to the Dean of Students office.