- Individual, couples and group psychotherapy - Professional counselors provide supportive short term counseling to enrolled students. College can be a wonderful experience but also stressful. SCS is here to help students increase their coping skills so they can have a more successful college experience.
- Medication evaluations and management - SCS has licensed medical professionals who can provide consultation, medication evaluation and monitoring. (See Frequently Asked Questions section #14 - #15 for policy changes effective summer 2013)
- Professional consultation-Licensed professional staff is available to provide consultations to students, faculty, staff and parents. SCS does not share any information about clients without written consent (see confidentiality section).
- Referrals for specialized services - SCS provides student with community resources as needed.
- Educational programming - SCS provides educational programs on relevant wellbeing and mental health issues such as access to healthcare, stress management, anxiety, depression, colds & flu prevention, sexual health, alcohol and substance use, and nutrition.
- Emergency assessments - during regular office hours; after hours emergencies are referred to ACCESS (New River Community Services Board) or CONNECT (Carilion Health System).
Eligibility for Services
- All currently enrolled Radford University undergraduates and graduate students are eligible for counseling services at the Student Counseling Services free of charge.
- Full-time students are eligible to receive brief term counseling services.
- Partial Services are available to part-time students.