In the Event of an Emergency/Health Questions after Hours and Weekends:
- RU Student Health Services does not provide after-hours emergency services. Students with urgent health needs should utilize the following services.
- Call 911 in ANY life threatening emergency
- Call Carilion NRV Medical Center Emergency Department, 2900 Lambs Circle, Christiansburg (off I-81, Exit 109). Phone # 540-731-2000
- Visit Carilion’s Urgent Care Center located at 434 Peppers Ferry Road, Christiansburg, VA. Phone # (540)382-6000.
Velocity Care Hours of Operation
Monday – Saturday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Sunday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- For non-life threatening related health questions, call FONEMED, the 24-hour, 7 day-a-week, toll-free number to speak to a Registered Nurse at 1-866-205-2164.
Disclaimer: FONEMED’s average wait/callback time to speak with a nurse is 12 minutes; calls are prioritized based on symptoms. This service is not intended for use in the event of a life threatening injury. FoneMed is intended to be a “triage” service for recommendations regarding; over the counter medications, symptom relief, and advice on whether or not to seek medical attention for non-severe symptoms.
Call 911 in the event of an emergency.