There are a number of specialty services offered by Radford University's Student Health Center.
We will administer allergy shots using the antigen/instructions supplied by your allergist. You must wait at the health center for 20 minutes following your injection. This service is offered three days a week by appointment only. There is a fee for this service.
Each fall when the vaccine becomes available, Student Heath Services offers flu shots for interested students, faculty and staff for a nominal fee. This is a walk-in service. Patients must wait in the Student Health Center for 20 minutes after the injection.
We provide preventative immunization services including: measles, mumps, rubella (MMR), influenza (flu), Hepatitis B, Gardisil (HPV) vaccine, meningitis, and tetanus vaccinations.
Free Walk-in HIV Testing
Free and Confidential Oral HIV Antibody Testing is now available at Student Health!
- Last Thursday of the month, 9am - 4:30pm (Note: the October testing date will be Oct 25)
- "Walk-in" Testing, no appointment necessary
- Results in 20 minutes
- Sponsored by the Drop-In Center. Questions? Call #540-982-2437. For general questions about HIV/AIDS, visit The Center for Disease Control's website about HIV/AIDS basics.
The following services are available by appointment:
- Routine annual GYN/pelvic exam, pap tests, and breast exams
- Birth control options including: DepoProvera, NuvaRing, and Birth Control pills
- Sexually transmitted infections - testing and treatment
- UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) testing
- Pregnancy testing and counseling
- Evaluation of abnormal pap smears and colposcopy
- Referrals to outside specialists
- Gardisil (HPV) vaccine available
Emergency contraceptives (morning-after pill)
Emergency contraception is also known as the morning-after pill, emergency birth control, backup birth control, and by the brand names Plan B and Next Choice. It is not carried at Student Health, but is available at local pharmacies. For more information about Emergency contraception, please visit The Emergency Contraception Website
To obtain Plan B or the generic brand, Next Choice, go to a pharmacy and bring a photo ID for age verification. If you are 17 or older you do not need a prescription.
|Details for local pharmacies|
|Walmart||$52.84 Plan B||Available during hours of operation|
$49.99 Plan B
$39.99 Next Choice
|Available during hours of operation|
|Planned Parenthood||$25.00 Next Choice||Available by walk-in, during hours of operation|
|Health Department||Sliding scale based on income - Plan B
If you do not make an income, your fee will be minimal to none. However, in order to obtain Plan B, you must be a patient with the Health Department.
To make an appointment to become a patient, call the office.