News and Announcements
Updated information on the Zika Virus from the Virginia Department of Health.
Winter 2017 Flu Information
Radford University Student Health has seen an increase in flu cases among students beginning the week of January 24, 2017. Please know the signs and symptoms of the flu and take the precautions listed below.
The following are signs of flu:
- Sore Throat
- Runny or Stuffy Nose
- Feeling weak or more tired than usual
- Body Aches
Two LESS common signs of flu include:
Prevention and Treatment:
- Flu Vaccine
- Stay away from people who are sick
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Use medication the way your doctor recommends it
If you have flu like symptoms:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or your arm when you cough or sneeze.
- Wash your hands often
- If you are sick with flu-like symptoms, stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone.
If you feel you meet the criteria for flu and would like to be seen, please call Student Health at 540-831-5111 to set up an appointment.