Flu Season: Learn How to Protect Yourself
We have begun to see cases of the flu at Student Health. To prevent the flu:
- Seasonal flu vaccination is strongly recommended; you can get the vaccine at Student Health.
- Check out CDC's website to learn more about the vaccine and the flu.
- Frequent hand washing with soap and water (scrub for 20 seconds!)
- Watch the CDC video on hand washing
- Carry alcohol based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol for times when soap and water are not available
- Cover cough/sneeze with tissue or upper arm.
- Avoid touching eyes, mouth or nose. Germs spread this way.
- Open and close doors/knobs wtih tissue/towels.
- Try to avoid contact with sick people.
Feeling sick? Learn more about what you should do depending on the symptoms.