Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
The advising system is made up of key personnel including:
The Waldron College Advising Center is staffed by a Director of Advising, an Assistant Director of Advising, and graduate students completing degree programs at Radford University. Graduate advisors are hired for a year-long employment in the Center and must go through an extensive training program prior to beginning their advising responsibilities. Advisors in the Advising Center are available to assist any student. The Center is located in 351 Waldron Hall. Hours are 8 a.m. until 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. The Advising Center may be reached at 540-831-7699 or by e-mail at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Advising appointments are made online during our busiest months (October, November, February and March) through Starfish software (available on your MyRU Portal).
Director of Advising and Assistant Director of Advising:
Director of Advising (Loretta Estes) and Assistant Director of Advising (Tabitha Greear) are available to work with students and serve as secondary academic advisors for students in the Waldron College. They hold group advising sessions; talk with students about completing a program of study in a timely manner, improving grade point averages, study skills, time management; and complete graduation checkout.
The Waldron College consists of three different undergraduate majors:
- The Communication Sciences and Disorders (COSD) Department
- The School of Nursing (NURS)
- The School of Social Work (SOWK)
Pre-COSD, pre-NURS and pre-SOWK students are advised by the Advising Center Staff. Once students are admitted to COSD, Nursing, and SOWK, they are assigned a faculty advisor by the chair or director of the department.
These individuals oversee the organization and operation of their specific area:
- COSD - Dr. Diane Millar, Chair; 109 Waldron Hall, 540-831-7636
- NURS - Dr. Tony Ramsey, Director; 308 Waldron Hall 540-831-7700
- SOWK - Dr. Diane Hodge, Director; 222 Waldron Hall 540-831-7690
- OT - Dr. Douglas Mitchell, Chair, 100 Waldron, 540-831-7643
- PT - Dr. Kristen Jagger, Chair, Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital 540-224-6657
Dean of the College - Dr. Ken Cox makes decisions regarding policies, and works with students who have problems after meeting with their major department Chair/Director, or the Director of Advising.
Associate Dean of the College - Dr. Corey Cassidy is also be available to work with students who have problems or concerns.
Each student is ultimately responsible for meeting the requirements of his or her academic program.
Once advisor assignments are made, it is the student’s responsibility to contact the academic advisor and schedule an appointment. Advising Center staff and most faculty advisors use Starfish for online appointment scheduling. For faculty not using Starfish, students should go by their advisor’s office or call their advisor during their office hours to schedule an advising appointment.