Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Carilion New River Valley Medical Center
Type of Facility: Hospital
Distance From Campus: 2 miles
Academic/Clinical Prerequisites for Placement at the Facility:
Appropriate coursework in adult neurogenics, dysphagia, aphasia, motor speech disorders, voice sciences and disorders; minimum of two semesters at Radford University Speech, Language, and Hearing Clinic.
Types of Activities Engaged at the Facility:
Outpatient rehabilitation, acute care, evaluation, treatment, modified barium swallow studies, and treatment planning.
Age Range served: adult
Number of clients served: varies
Disorders served: aphasia, apraxia of speech, dysphagia, dysarthria, traumatic brain injuries, and voice disorders.
Number of graduate students accepted each semester: 1
Number of practicum days expected per week: 3