Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Type of Facility: Hospital
Distance From Campus: 225 miles
Academic/Clinical Prerequisites for Placement at the Facility:
Appropriate coursework in adult neurogenics, motor speech disorders, language disorders, aphasia, dysphagia; minimum of two semesters at Radford University Speech, Language, and Hearing Clinic.
Types of Activities Engaged at the Facility:
Evaluation and treatment of pediatric and adult population, outpatient/inpatient rehabilitation, acute care, modified barium swallow studies, and staff meetings.
Age Range served: birth-geriatric
Number of clients served: 10-12/day
Average # of clock hours earned per term: 320
Disorders served: aphasia, apraxia of speech, articulation disorders, dysphagia, dysarthria, language disorders, phonological disorders, and voice disorders.
Number of graduate students accepted each semester: 1
Number of practicum days expected per week: 5
Student documentation required: TB skin test, criminal background check, CPR, transcript, resume, and writing sample