Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Southwestern VA Training & Development Center
Type of Facility: State facility for the mentally and physically challenged.
Distance From Campus: 49 miles
Academic/Clinical Prerequisites for Placement at the Facility:
Appropriate course work in adult speech and language disorders and developmental delay; minimum of two semesters at Radford Speech-Language and Hearing Clinic.
Average number of clock hours per term earned by student: 80
Types of Activities Engaged at the Facility:
Evaluations and treatment, staff meetings, ID team activities, special events as scheduled.
Disorders served: dysphagia, language disorders
Student documentation required: TB skin test, criminal background test