Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Twin County Regional Hospital
Type of Facility: Hospital
Distance From Campus: 57 miles
Academic/Clinical Prerequisites for Placement at the Facility:
Appropriate coursework in child and adult speech and language disorders, articulation & phonology, fluency disorders, autism spectrum disorders, childhood apraxia of speech, voice science and disorders, motor speech disorders, aphasia, dysphagia; minimum of two semesters at Radford University Speech, Language, and Hearing Clinic.
Types of Activities Engaged at the Facility:
Evaluation, treatment, outpatient & inpatient rehabilitation, modified barium swallow studies, team meetings.
Age Range served: birth-100
Number of clients served: average of 6-7/day
Disorders served: Aphasia, apraxia of speech, articulation disorders, autism spectrum disorders, dysphagia, dysarthria, fluency disorders, language disorders, phonological disorders, and voice disorders.
Number of graduate students accepted each semester: 1
Number of practicum days expected per week: 2
Student documentation required: TB skin test, criminal background check, hepatitis B, drug screen, Rubella titer