Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Veteran's Administration Medical Center
Type of Facility: Veteran's Hospital and nursing home
Distance From Campus: 35 miles
Academic/Clinical Prerequisites for Placement at the Facility:
Appropriate coursework in child and adult speech and language disorders, motor speech disorders, aphasia, dysphagia; minimum of two semesters at Radford University Speech, Language, and Hearing Clinic.
Types of Activities Engaged at the Facility:
Evaluation, treatment, treatment planning, team conferences, staff meetings with all SLPs in system, presentation of case study/journal article/technique, etc.
Age Range served: adult
Number of clients served: varies
Disorders served: aphasia, apraxia of speech, articulation disorders, dysphagia, dysarthria, fluency disorders, language disorders, phonological disorders, and voice disorders.
Number of graduate students accepted each semester: 1
Number of practicum days expected per week: 3