Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Virginia Baptist Hospital
Type of Facility: Hospital
Distance From Campus: 107 miles
Academic/Clinical Prerequisites for Placement at the Facility:
Appropriate coursework in adult neurogenics, motor speech disorders, aphasia, dysphagia; minimum of two semesters at Radford University Speech, Language, and Hearing Clinic.
Types of Activities Engaged at the Facility:
Evaluation and treatment, acute care, modified barium swallow studies, interdisciplinary staff meetings, in-services.
Age Range served: 18-100+
Number of clients served: 30-40 daily
Disorders served: Aphasia, apraxia of speech, articulation disorders, dysphagia (90%), dysarthria, fluency disorders, language disorders, and voice disorders.
Number of graduate students accepted each semester: 1
Number of practicum days expected per week: 3 (consecutive days optimal)
Student documentation required: TB skin test, hepatitis B, drug screen