We are honored that you are considering applying to Radford University's Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program. This page is a resource to guide you through the application process. Remember, our staff is here to assist you at any time and we are more than happy to help.
Not all on-line programs are available in all states. the graduate college will notify you when you apply.
**Applications are now being accepted for the Spring 2015 session of the DNP Program.
If interested apply to the Graduate School.
Applying - a 10 step overview
- You apply directly through the Radford University College of Graduate and Professional Studies.
- Admission is competitive and enrollment is limited. Please apply as early as possible to allow for all necessary processing. Twenty-five students are ususally accepted.
- Provide three letters of reference. Your letters of reference should be from professional contacts that address the applicants potential for advanced practice nursing. At least one should come from a former faculty member if applilcable.
- Provide three recommendation forms. Note: these individuals should be the same three contacts used to provide letters of reference.
- Have GRE scores (if required) sent to the college (and report these scores in your application). GRE score are only required for BSN applicants. Scores are only good for four years.
- Have official transcripts sent from all previous institutions after high school.
- Write a letter describing your career goals and how a graduate credential will assist in meeting those goals. Ideally, the potential for practice in a rural area should be addressed. Additionally, a sample of previous academic writing or publication needs to be included.
- Provide a professional resume that includes education and professional practice, documenting a minimum of 2,000 hours of clinical nursing practice within the last three years.
- After the materials are received, additional information will be requested such as your licenses and certifications.
- Qualified applicants who meet admission requirements will be interviewed by the School of Nursing graduate coordinator.