Two applications are required for the BSN degree (pre-licensure). The first application is made to Radford University, the second application is made to the School of Nursing.
1. Application for admission to the university must be made. Those materials may be obtained from:
- Radford Unviersity
Director of Admission
PO Box 6903
Radford, VA 24142
You may also apply online.
2. Application for admission to upper division should be made to:
- Radford University, School of Nursing
PO Box 6964
Radford VA 24142
Please find and read read the summary of the School of Nursing application process for upper division nursing on the first two pages of the application
3. Prespective nursing students must take the Kaplan Nursing Admissions Test (KNAT) [PDF]
Pre-Nursing Students (current Radford Unviersity students)
Application for admission to the upper division may be made when students are within six hours of completing the general education requirements. Early in the academic year prior to the semester in which entrance to upper division is desired, students must apply for admission to the upper division nursing major. Students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above on a 4.0 scale and have completed all nursing prerequisites with a grade of “C” or better for admission consideration.
NOTE: The actual GPA required for admission may be significantly higher. Admission is competitive, with admission granted on a space available basis.
Information to Help you complete your upper level nursing application:
- Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Nursing Programs
- KNAT Entrance Exam [pdf]
- School of Nursing Fact Sheet for BSN Applicants [pdf]
- Deadlines for Undergraduate Nursing Programs
- Application for Undergraduate Nursing Programs [pdf]
- Tuition and Special Fees for Undergraduate Nursing Programs
- Financial Aid
- Advising for Undergraduate Nursing Programs
- School of Nursing Undergraduate Handbook