Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
The current cycle for Admissions for the Class of 2019 is now closed. The Admissions Cycle for the Class of 2020 is now accessible via the PTCAS program website. Information sessions will be held on the following date:
- September 1, 2016
These will be from 6:00pm-8:00pm and you will have the opportunity to meet current students and faculty. Please see the brochure for more information.
October 14, 2016
Please mark your calendars - all qualified applicants will receive an on-site Interview on one of the following days:
November 17, 2016
November 18, 2016
Note: Interview offer emails will be sent out in early November 2016.
Please make sure to view our Application Checklist as you are completing your application.
Candidates who are interested in applying for the next Admissions Cycle (Class of 2020) should apply via the PTCAS website. In terms of scheduling, the last recommended date for applicants to take the GRE will be on September 30, 2016.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact the DPT Graduate Program Coordinator Dr. Alex Siyufy, at email@example.com.
- Complete an application on PTCAS website.
Please be advised that all communications regarding your application, offers of Interview, Admission status, etc. will occur via PTCAS. Make sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Safe senders list and to check your Spam or Junk mail folders.
- There is a $50 supplemental application fee that can be paid by check. Please mail your $50 check, payable to Radford University, College of Graduate Studies and Research, Lucas Hall-P.O. Box 6928, Radford, VA 24142, or you may pay online at the link listed below under supplemental application materials at the time you apply. Include your PTCAS ID number in the memo field.
- Minimum 40 hours of clinical experience (volunteer or work-related) with a Licensed Physical Therapist.
Three (3) letters of recommendation:
- At least one (1) must be from a Physical Therapist
- At least one (1) must be from a Professor or instructor familiar with applicant's academic work.
- The third can be from multiple accepted sources (see PTCAS website)
Supplemental Application Materials:
Preferred Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores
- New Testing method:
- Verbal - 150
- Quantitative - 146
- Analytical - 3.5
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.25 (based on 4.0 scale) from an accredited 4 year institution.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (based on 4.0 scale) in math and sciences prerequisites as defined below:
- Anatomy and Physiology with labs (8 credit hours)
- General Biology with labs (4 credit hours)
- Chemistry I and II with labs (8 credit hours)
- Physics I and II with labs (8 credit hours)
- Statistics or Biostatistics (3 credit hours)
- Psychology (3 credit hours)
International applicants, must submit the Supplemental International Student Application:
- Foreign applicants whose native language is not English must achieve an acceptable score on TOEFL examination and submit an approved credential report for coursework completed outside the United States.
Minimal acceptable TOEFL scores are:
- Paper Based - 575
- Internet Based - 88-89
- Computer Based - Please contact our program directly to inquire more about Computer based TOEFL Requirements.
- Recommended Courses
- Public Speaking
- Technical Writing
- Personal interviews will be required; and no transfer credit will be allowed into the program due to step-lock sequencing.
Due at initial on-site orientation, verification of required immunization and CPR certification (American Red Cross or American Heart Association), and completion of a criminal background check. Applicants are reminded that a history of criminal charges may affect a graduate’s opportunities to attain state licensure and/or administration of certification exams. Further details will be provided by the department. Applicants seeking additional information are encouraged to review information on the following websites:
Steps for Applicants to be considered for Onsite Interview:
- Have GRE scores sent to Radford University (ETS code 0373)
- Complete PTCAS application
- Complete RU Supplemental application and pay fee
- Verification by PTCAS of a minimum of 40 observation hours with a licensed PT.
Note: Application deadline is October 14, 2016 for all of the above to be completed
- AHPT 800 Anatomy- $500 Lab Fees
- AHPT 816 Theory and Practice I -$75*
- AHPT 826 Patient Management II - $75*
- AHPT 826 Theory and Practice II - $75*
- AHPT 844 Neuromuscular Development and Control I- $140^
- AHPT 860 Advanced Orthopedics - $140^
- AHPT 884 Pediatrics - $75*
*General Clinical Fee =$75
^Advanced Practice Fee=$140