Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
HeartCode BLS is an interactive self-directed eLearning program which completes the requirements for the American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers course. Learners complete a computer-based cognitive portion consisting of lessons teaching the BLS algorithm; realistic adult and infant patient cases that test knowledge of the correct sequence of patient care activities and give the student a detailed debriefing of performance; and a multiple choice exam. This portion of the course is completed on-line at your home/office computer.
The learner must then demonstrate CPR skills by using a voice-assisted manikin system that connects to the HeartCode program. This portion of the course is completed at the RU Clinical Simulation Center.
The manikin system is located at the RU Clinical Simulation Center. Please contact Jackie Muir, firstname.lastname@example.org (540.831.7175) for information about the program and/or scheduling BLS part II manikin-assisted skills check-off. HeartCode BLS can be used for initial or renewal certification.
Cost for HeartCode BLS - $75.00