The School of Social Work's suggested date for fullest consideration of all Standard Program applications is March 1. Applications will be reviewed until programs are filled.
The deadline for submission of application materials for all Advanced Standing applicants is January 31.
Students who are accepted into the Advanced Standing Program will be required to register for the Bridge Course during the summer. Classes will be offered on Saturdays, May through July, with additional work online. Students who plan on attending through the Advanced Standing Program should be aware that these summer courses are mandatory and attendance will be required on Saturdays.
Students interested in applying for a graduate assistantship award are strongly encouraged to apply well in advance of the March 1 deadline.
**More information can be found in the MSW Student Handbook.
PLEASE NOTE: There is a mandatory program orientation for all standard program students on August 16th from 8:30 am-12:00 pm in Cook, Room 107.
There is a mandatory field placement meeting for all advanced standing and standard program students on August 16th from 1:30 pm-5:00 pm in Cook, Room 107.
1. Complete the online Application for Graduate Admission and submit online to the College of Graduate & Professional Studies.
2. Applicants are to provide the College of Graduate & Professional Studies office with sealed, official transcripts (one copy) of ALL undergraduate and graduate work from institution(s) of prior and/or current enrollment. Please note: If the transcripts do not include the student’s entire undergraduate program, including the award of the bachelor’s degree, copies of the final transcript also must be sent to the College of Graduate & Professional Studies after the student has been awarded the bachelor’s degree.
3. Applicants are to submit three (3) letters of recommendation in addition, signed and completed to the office of the College of Graduate & Professional Studies. Applicants should provide the recommendation form to their selected references and request the referring parties to attach a letter which addresses the areas indicated below. One (1) recommendation is to be acquired from each of three (3) separate sources:
- One from a professional currently practicing in the field of human services whom has witnessed the applicant’s practice abilities and can assess the applicant’s suitability/promise as a professional social worker
- One from a professor, addressing the applicant’s likelihood of success in a graduate level program of study
- One from an additional source of your choosing (examples: another academic or professional reference, a former employer or colleague)
If you have difficulty obtaining one of the three letters before the application deadline, please write a paragraph explaining why and submit it with your applications. Understand, however, that any acceptance will be conditional on receiving all three letters.
4. Complete Curriculum Options/Degree Path Form
5. Applicants are to fill out the Experiences in Human Services Form. In the event an applicant has no previous experience, a note to that effect should be made on the Experiences in Human Services Form.
6. Applicants are to submit two (2) copies of their current resume reflecting educational, employment, and professional experience.
7. Applicants are to prepare an application essay (not to exceed five pages) according to the Instructions for Personal Essay.
8. Applicants are to complete the Legal/Military History Form.