After an extensive discovery process, the university selected Adobe’s CQ5 to serve as the content management system (CMS) for the university's website. The CMS allows university offices, departments and units to easily and effectively create, update and maintain their websites. Among the many benefits of a CMS are:
- No knowledge of HTML is needed to create and publish content
- Consistency of design is preserved
- Content can be scheduled for later posting
- Dynamic content is possible without custom programming
- Workflows allow content owners to approve content posted by others before it goes “live” on the site
Departments Eligible to Use the CMS
Official university academic and administrative departments are eligible to use the CMS. In some cases, faculty projects are eligible for the CMS. Contact Web Strategy and Interactive Media for more details.
Student organizations/clubs and faculty websites are not eligible to use the CMS. The Technology Assistance Center is able to provide assistance in getting you permissions to edit/update a site if needed.