About the Website Redesign Project
In support of Radford University’s new brand platform, the university’s website underwent a complete redesign that was completed in Fall 2015. Radford University now offers a fully responsive website that reflects the university’s new branding and includes improved functionality and navigation. The website will migrated to the latest version of the content management system – Adobe Experience Manager 6.1.
The overhaul kicked off in March 2015 with on-campus discovery sessions.
For more information, please contact Meghan Williams, manager of web communications and strategy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Launch a redesigned website with a visual identity and content strategy that supports and upholds the university’s new brand platform as well as its recruitment and fundraising goals.
- Implement a responsive framework to provide an optimized experience regardless of the visitor’s device.
- Upgrade the content management system to the latest version.
Benefits of the Redesign and Responsive Implementation
- An updated design to appeal to prospective students and their parents.
- A visual identity that is aligned with the new brand materials, providing consistency across the experience for visitors.
- Improved navigation architecture driven by analytics, best practices and focus groups/surveys.
- A responsive interface, improving the experience for the 25%+ visitors who visit the site on mobile phones or tablets.
Benefits of the CMS Upgrade
- Touch-optimized authoring, allowing content administrators to use touch screens or tablets to update their websites.
- Improved workflows to speed up authoring.
- Dynamic media allows images to resize dynamically to suit the monitor resolution.
- Enhancements to many components.
- Enhancements to functionality with the Digital Asset Manager
|Finalize procurement and SOWs||January-February 2015|
Focus groups with faculty, staff, undergraduate and graduate students, and administrators.
Surveys of prospective students, prospective parents and alumni.
|Upgrade the content management system||Upgrade from CQ5.6 to AEM 6.1||March-May 2015|
|Implementation of design||July-August 2015|
|Review of implementation||August 2015|
|Rollout of new site||September 2015|