Commencement FAQs

Who decides how many tickets I receive?

The number of tickets distributed is determined by the commencement committee based on the number of students graduating as well as the seating capacity for the ceremony. There is no limit if the ceremonies are held outdoors. If the inclement weather plan is activated, tickets will be distributed according to the capacity of the venue in which the ceremonies will be held.

What do I do if I need more tickets?

If you need additional tickets, you can contact your advising center or speak to your classmates to seek additional tickets. Note: College of Education and Human Development students should contact the dean's office for additional tickets.

I just graduated. When do I get my diploma?

In approximately 4-5 weeks.
Where is commencement held?

Fall commencement is held in the Bondurant Auditorium in Preston Hall. Spring commencement is held on Moffett Lawn. In the event of inclement weather please consult the commencement page for alternate locations.

Where do I cross the stage?

Your name will be announced and you will cross the stage at your individual college ceremony.
Do I really need the tickets for the commencement ceremony?

Fall commencement tickets are required. Spring commencement tickets are only required in the event of inclement weather.

My diploma came to me damaged, so what do I do?

Send the damaged diploma back to the Registrar's Office in the the original envelope, and you will receive a replacement copy in 7-14 business days.
Can I order an additional or replacement copy of my diploma?

An additional or replacement diploma can be ordered for a fee of $20 per diploma.

What do I do if I can't find my question?

Email your question to for an answer. If enough people have the same question it might end up here.

Reasons to Love Radford