Here are some of the ways Radford University has committed to clean energy and water:
- Green Seal-certified cleaning products are used across campus.
- Radford University participated in the 1st Campus Conservation Nationals 2010 energy and water reduction competition and in the most recent intracampus competition in 2012.
- Filtered water bottle-filling stations have been installed in several areas on campus including the following residence halls- Muse, Jefferson, Madison, and Moffett; and academic & other buildings include-McConnell, Walker, Young, McGuffey, Allen, Armstrong, Martin, Heth, COBE, Hurlburt, Peters, Tyler, Porterfield, and Dedmon.
- Low-flow showerheads and water-saving faucet aerators have been installed in many residence halls to help conserve water usage and reduce the associated costs.
- Four residence halls and one academic building have received the EPA’s Energy Star Certification by conserving energy usage and producing fewer greenhouse gases.
- Vending Misers and Snack Misers have been installed on campus vending machines to help conserve energy and protect the environment.