- Article: The Supreme Court Passes Up an Opportunity to Clarify the "Knock and Talk" Authority of the Police
- Article: Elonis v. United States (United States Supreme Court): Social Media Posts and Specific Criminal Intent?
- Article: Rodriguez v. United States (United States Supreme Court): Terry Stops May Not Be Extended to Accommodate a Canine Sniff
- Article: Heien v. North Carolina (United States Supreme Court): Is an Arrest Constitutional If Based on a Reasonable Mistake About the Law?
- Article: Barden v. Commonwealth (Court of Appeals of Virginia): Does Suspended/Revoked Driving Status Expire?
About the Bulletin
The Virginia Police Legal Bulletin is a publication of the Virginia Police Legal Advisors Committee (VaPLEAC) of the Virginia Association of Chiefs of Police. The Bulletin is published online several times a year. The purpose of the Bulletin is to provide timely information about court cases, legislative actions, and general subject matter of interest to police legal advisors and law enforcement officers in Virginia. Read more.