Before a student can participate in any animal subjects research, the student researcher must accomplish the below and submit the documentation as instructed by their faculty member:
- Complete the appropriate CITI Program IACUC Training
- Read the Occupational Health and Safety Program Training Materials and sign the Occupational Health and Safety Agreement (OSHA) Form
IACUC Training Modules on the CITI Training Program
Here are several resources to help locate and complete the appropriate IACUC Training modules on the CITI Training Program. Every student involved in animal subjects research must follow these steps.
- Access the CITI Training Program at CITIProgram.org
- Complete the Working with the IACUC training module in the CITI Training Program.
- You may be required by your faculty member or the IACUC to complete species specific or other training modules, based on the species of animal(s) that you plan to work with and the nature of the research in which you will be participating.
- For assistance in locating the correct modules, please view the CITI Training Tutorial (PDF)
- If requested by your faculty member, please submit a certificate of completion for each training module.
Occupational Health and Safety Program
The Radford University Occupational Health and Safety Training Program outlines the potential risks that are involved in working with animals in research. The training materials also describes safety measures that students can take to ensure that all research personnel and animals are protected.
- Read the 15-page Occupational Health and Safety Training Document (PDF)
- Read and Sign the OSHA Agreement Form contained within this document. Submit the signed OSHA Agreement Form to your faculty member.