College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Why Study a Foreign Language
There are so many reasons to learn a foreign language!
Think about how many more movies you could see and the newspapers and books you could read if you learned another language! Give yourself a competitive edge in the global job market and expand your horizons as you learn about other cultures.
- "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeing new lands but in seeing with new eyes."
- "The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." Ludwig Wittgenstein
- "Internationalism does not mean the end of individual nations. Orchestras don't mean the end of violins." Golda Meir
- “Those who know nothing of foreign languages know nothing of their own.”
- How Foreign Language Study Can Enhance Career Possibilities [PDF]