Internships for Geospatial majors
Please check the bulletin board outside the Geospatial Science department in Cook Hall (1st floor) for the most current internship opportunity postings.
Career Services assists all Radford students searching for internships. Visit them on the second floor of Walker Hall.
Student Conservation Association offers educational internships all over the country, often in national forests and parks. Interns can earn up to $4,725 toward college, housing, and travel expenses. Printed listings and application forms are available in the Brown House, or visit their online database.
Employment opportunities for geographers
Check with Radford University Career Services for information on job fairs being held on campus and for general help with resumes and job searches.
- GISjobs.com : A site for employers and job seekers to post notices.
- GeoSearch, Inc. Recruiting people for GIS, GPS, Remote Sensing, Image Processing and related sciences and technologies.
- A Guide to Green Careers: This guidebook has been created to help readers better understand exactly what lies ahead for job seekers in a renewable, sustainable and more efficient world.
- National Council for Science and the Environment: Environmental Careers Page with help on how to apply for a job, resumes, cover letters, a job database, job market analysis and more.
- E Jobs: Environmental Jobs and Careers, a site with job listings, lists of employers, salary surveys, and other environmental career resources.
- The Environmental Careers Organization, an overview of the organization and links to environmental career resources.
- Virginia's CareerConnect – various job seekers’ services, including on-line search capabilities.
- Federal jobs listing