Fines and Fees
Parking Services and the University Police Department have the sole authority to issue parking tickets and tow vehicles that are in violations of vehicle regulations on university property.
Parking regulations are strictly enforced in all lots, Monday - Friday, from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., including breaks and in the summer. Disabled (handicapped), reserved spaces, curb and yellow line parking are enforced 24/7.
Violations which may be ticketed and towed are:
- Non-Registered Vehicle - $30
- Restricted Lot - $30
- Parking in a Reserved Space - $30
- Failure to Properly Display Permit - $30
- Overtime Parking Meter - $30
- Improper Parking - $30
- Parking on Sidewalk or Grass - $30
- Disabled Zone or Ramp - $100
- Unauthorized Use of Permit - $100
- Blocking a Ramp - $30
- Blocking Fire Hydrant - $30
- Parking in a Visitors Only Space - $30
- Blocking Another Vehicle - $30
- Blocking a Loading Dock - $30
- Immobilization Fee - $25
Any account with $125 or more in unpaid parking violations may have their vehicle impounded or immobilized until all fines and fees are paid in full. Parking privileges may be revoked for frequent violators of parking regulations.
Note: If payment is made using unrolled coin, there will be a fee charged for the counting of this money. Unrolled coin will be counted as time permits and staff is available. The fee for counting unrolled coin will be $3 for each $5 of coin counted with a maximum charge of $15.
Note: Obtaining a parking permit contrary to regulations and/or registration procedures is a violation of traffic regulations. The violator may be denied parking privileges and student violators may, in addition, be referred for university judicial action regarding possible violation of the Honor Code.