College of Visual & Performing Arts
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Discover our percussion studio at Radford University, under the direction of Dr. Rob Sanderl.
The Radford University Percussion Ensemble is required of any full-time music student in the percussion studio. The ensemble focuses on chamber percussion works from all time periods and rarely performs with a conductor so as to gain a truly immersive chamber music experience. The percussion ensemble rehearses between 7-8 hours per week, with each studnet performing in 2-3 works per semester.
The Radford University Percussion Ensemble frequently performs off campus, including a performance at the Taubman Museum of Art in Roanoke each semester. The ensemble also travels to perform at conferences and festivals, including the 2012 International Percussion Ensemble Week in Croatia, as well as the 2010 Virginia Music Educators State Conference (the group was selected through a tape submission process). We also performed at PAS Days of Percussion most recently in Washington, D.C.
The percussion ensemble strives to perform the most challenging music at the highest possible caliber. If you have questions regarding the ensemble or audition process, please contact Dr. Rob Sanderl.