College of Visual & Performing Arts
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
About the Department
The Department of Design, formerly Interior Design & Fashion, is a dynamic department where design reaches across multiple disciplines. We were ranked one of the Top 10 programs in 2011 by Design Intelligence.
The core values of the Department are integral to all that we do. They are to be: Passionate, Excellent, Empowered, Engaged, Learned, Professional, Curious and Ethical.
Designing solutions for life.
Our Brand's Promise
Inspiring and empowering professionals to creatively lead change.
The mission of the Department of Design encompassed the "5-Es," and is to...
- Educate highly motivated, passionate, creative thinking individuals.
- Empower people to seek excellence and be perpetually curious.
- Engage minds through self-directed processes, active- and “hands-on” learning.
- Enrich experiences both academically and professionally.
- Enable graduates to obtain careers in top-level design and industry firms.