College of Visual & Performing Arts
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Interior Design Concentration Mission and Goals
The mission of the Interior Design program at Radford University encompasses four E’s.
Educate competent interior design professionals
Enhance the quality of life within the interior environment
Graduate design professionals with strong Ethical character
Cultivate an environment were Excellent design skills are commonplace
The mission of the Interior Design Program at Radford University is to educate competent interior design professionals whose excellent design skills, sound professional judgment, and strong ethical character guide them in creating designs that enhance the quality of life within the interior environment.
The Interior Design Program at Radford University has five educational goals:
- To create an active learning environment that provides “hands-on” experiences and encourages interaction among students, faculty and professionals.
- To provide studio experiences that foster creativity and conceptual discovery in pursuit of design excellence.
- To teach students to apply a systematic process in which a variety of viable design alternatives are explored in arriving at a final design solution that is innovative, appropriate and “holistic” in nature.
- To implement routine assessment measures at each level of the educational process in an effort to continually improve the program.
- To provide students with the necessary knowledge and skills to achieve success in entering the profession.